Thursday, June 7, 2007

My Anchor



Deuteronomy 33: 27 "The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms."
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So fix your eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
Isaiah 30:18 "The Lord longs to be gracious to you. He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!"
Romans 8:28 "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."
Ever had "one of those seasons" in life of discouragement or disappointment? It seems to come at a time when you think you are just about at a place of true contentment... If you know what I mean, this post and these verses are for you. I'm learning more and more that, just like the verse says, God causes everything (even the hard stuff) to work together for the good of those who LOVE Him. Our Pastor Ed gave such a good word this last weekend about Disappointment and I was very challenged by it. He said that we must line up our feelings with Truth (the Word of God), not try to line up Truth to our feelings or emotions. God is my anchor and his Word is Truth and I can find true contentment and peace in that, even in the midst of discouragement. I hope that this helps anyone else who might be going through a similar season of life right now. Take hope that just like in the natural, this season will pass and give way to a NEW season full of life and promise and hope. Thank God for that!

5 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tamar said...

I loved those verses, and I also wanted to share one of my all-time favorites, too. "So let us come BOLDLY to the throne of our gracious God. THERE we will receive His mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most." (Heb 4:16 NLT) The visual for this verse (for me) is in the newer movie "Anna and the King" when the king's favorite daughter decides to get her dad to help when trouble arises. He is in the middle of receiving important people into his court and she just runs right up to his throne. Of course, the other people in the court are shocked by it, but the king instantly comes to her rescue. I love that visual because it reminds me that our God cares about us more than sometimes we think He does. He's not distant or disinterested when we're going through it. He's pleased when we run to Him boldly, so He can intervene in our circumstances, "when we need it most". I love you and I'll be praying for you, babe.

Lydia Paige Louise said...

That is so true!! I keep reminding myself that God works ALL things for good!! That He makes good out of every bad situation! God is so good to His children! Love ya, Lydia

Mama Mia! said...

I see you....Okay, we'll have lots of beautiful children - we breed well ;) you should post those pictures I sent you of your gorgeous house and view!!! I will if you dont'!

Amy said...

What a fun surprise to see you at church last night!!! I always love seeing your smiling face!