Saturday, December 1, 2007

Turning 21 in Maui...

Sunday was Steven and my last full day in Maui, but it was also Natalie's 21st birthday! How fun to celebrate your 21st birthday in Maui!!! We started out the day by snorkeling at the North end of the island that we had never been to (near Hunama Bay). While we were snorkeling I finally saw my first sea turtles! 2 of them!!! It was so much fun because I had been hoping to see one the whole time I was in Maui. On top of that, as I was snorkeling along, I looked up ahead of me and right near the top of the water about 50 feet away were some very large "animals" of some kind in the water. At first, I got really scared and thought that I might be seeing sharks, but then I realized that is was a school of dolphins! It was completely unbelievable! I pulled my head out of the water and hollered for anyone who could hear me, but everyone's heads were under the water. By the time my family knew I had seen something, the school was heading out into the ocean, but they did see the dolphins dorsile fins coming up out of the water! It was an amazing experience... After snorkeling we headed down to Ka'anapali to have lunch at Hula Grill. Natalie and Shawn went parasailing for the first time and had a blast. On the way back in to shore, their boat driver took them to a place where a huge school of dolphins were and they swam with their boat for a while. That was a highlight for Natalie. After some shopping at the Shops at Ka'anapali Beach, we headed home for some relaxation at the pool at our condos. For dinner, we headed to Lahaina to eat at Pacifico Restaurant right on the beach. It was a breathtaking view and we got there just in time to see the sunset. After dinner it was back to our condos for cake and ice cream. My mom had decorated the condo so cute for Nat's birthday! We even had a limbo stick! We stayed up late laughing and talking and celebrating my sister's 21 years... It was a wonderful last full day in Maui.

This is a tradition in my family for the girls. We always right Happy Birthday messages on the mirror with lipstick... My mom started this when we were younger and now we are carrying it on as well. Nat had a message from me at our condo on the mirror and a message from mom at their condo.

The boys heading out of the water after snorkeling at Hunama Bay.

Lunch at Hula Grill on Ka'anapali Beach.

Ka'anapali Beach

Nat and Shawn after parasailing and boating with the school of dolphins.

Shawn bought Natalie a necklace she had been wanting at Tiffany's. Not bad, Shawn! Girls love little blue boxes... :)

The Fam on the beach at Pacifico Restaurant.

Hubby and me at sunset.

The big 2-1!!

That's right... pregnant girl doing the limbo!

Hooray!

Happy Birthday, Baby Sister!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

bahahahah love the picture of me doing the limbo! that wouldn't work so well now! ha!
let's go back....now.

Mama Mia! said...

seriously!!!??!?! even after all my threats!!! still Maui! still frozen drinks, bikini's and tans?!?! aaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!! it's currently 40 degrees!!!!! i'm gonna kill you! Happy Birthday Natty Mama!