Thursday, November 15, 2007

Some Pampering & $8.00 Virgin Pina Coladas

On Saturday the guys woke up extremely early to catch a 6:45am tee time at one of the Grand Wailea golf courses. Well, most of them did. Ian decided he'd rather catch some Z's, so Steven, Dad and Shawn enjoyed a round of 18. The day was just gorgeous and they had a wonderful time. (Steven somehow managed to not get one picture of himself playing golf in Maui.) While the boys had fun playing golf, I took my mom and my sister for some much needed pampering at the Grand Wailea Spa. We all got to be in the same room and enjoy an 80 minute massage after an hour of soaking in their tubs, steam rooms and pools. It was my mom's first professional massage! Can you believe that? She was so relaxed afterwards. I don't think she had ever felt that way before. It was incredibly fun for me to see her so happy. Natty got a special pre-natal massage as well. We all had a wonderful time. Afterwards we met up with the boys at Wailea Beach for some sun-soaking before our Luau that evening in Lahaina. The Luau was very traditional with a lot of interesting dances and an authentic dinner. They pulled the pig out of the sand oven they had dug and everything... It was very... interesting... The Luau itself was a very neat experience and I would recommend it to anyone as something you have to do once in the islands. My favorite part was the live band. They were fun!

Daddy swinging away
FORE!
Not a bad view...

Breakfast at the Grand Wailea before our spa treatments
Anticipation

After our treatments... Pure relaxation!
Wailea Beach
Drinking our $8.00 VIRGIN pina coladas... that's right, $8.00 EACH... No alcohol, people!
If you are going to pay $8.00 for ice and syrup, then do something with the garnish! :)
"Weeeeeeeeee wanna soak up the suuuuuun... We wanna tell everyoooone to lighten uuuuuup..."
Dad and Daughter

Ian and His Madre at the Old Lahaina Luau

Cute Couples :)
My Handsome Man
My brother, Mowgli
My Hubby Flirting with Me
Elijah's Parents
Ben and Glade always take interesting sun pictures on their trips, so this is my attempt at "holding" the sun. Hope it makes 'em proud...
Another beautiful sunset
After some of the Luau dances, they invited any couples out to dance under the stars while the live band played and serrenaded us with beautiful Hawaiian music. My hubby was a good man and took me out on the floor.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh that day at the spa sounds...DIVINE!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrea said...

I love seeing all of your pictures! It makes me want to go back sooooo bad. Without kids next time:) You look so beautiful...tan and skinny!