Saturday, December 1, 2007

The End

Sunday was our day to head back home to Washington and leave beautiful Maui. Not wanting to waste a minute of our final moments in Maui, Steven and I got up early and Shawn and Natalie joined us for some early morning coffee and a final trip to one of our favorite beaches, Makena. We got there so early that we were literally the only people on the beach. I think we saw maybe 3 people the entire time we were there. We sat on the beach and watched the waves come in and out and just soaked in the beauty one last time. We took a walk down the beach and Natalie spotted a sting ray off the coast. After our morning visit to the ocean, we all went to breakfast at the Grand Wailea one more time before Steven and I said our "goodbyes" and headed to the airport and back to reality. Maui was such a happy wonderful vacation and we truly loved it. We are so grateful to God for the opportunity to have such a memorable vacation and to have sharedwith my family. We have memories to last a lifetime!

Sad Starbucks
Vacation Feet
Early Morning at Makena
Trying to delay leaving...
Our footprints
The picture speaks for itself

Hubby
Checking out of our Condo. D-104
Last breakfast at the Grand Wailea before we headed to the airport
Always the baby brother... Always the big sister...
I love this family so much!
At the airport
Mohalo? Mahalo?

Goodbye, Maui! We'll be back!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

It's always so sad leaving Maui:( I loved all of your pictures!

Amy said...

Loved seeing all of your pictures....time for another trip?

Ben (MyRadDad) said...

you are such a thourough blogger Ali : ) your pics of Maui are priceless! I love you and miss you already, hope you are having a blast in Cali with your fam. see yah soon

Mama Mia! said...

boo hoo...leaving maui...it's december..give me snow pictures or else.

Natalie said...

update update! enough hawaii....it makes me sad that it is now winter!
now you can transition into the brr...freazing....washington blogs! hehe!
love you!

John and Julia said...

It looks like you had so much fun in Hawaii! I'm so jealous! ;o) I've been trying to convince john to go there! I need to show him all your pictures and how much fun you had, then maybe he'll take me! :o)