Saturday, September 29, 2007

Best Maui Sunset

Wednesday was the day the hurricane that was headed our way was supposed to affect Maui. Besides a little cloud cover the first half of the day, nothing happened! It totally missed Maui. Thank God! We were blessed with fantastic weather our entire trip in Maui. On Wednesday we decided to head back to the beach and go snorkeling. Steven and I had found a rocky beach north of La Perouse Bay while we were expoloring on our own before my family came. It was so much! We saw all sorts of different colorful fish. And Ian and Steven found a sea turtle that they played with for awhile. I didn't get to see the turtle, so my goal was to see one before it came time to leave Maui. More on that later...

Daddy and I at "Rock Beach".... Not sure what it's really called. :)

The lovely ladies in my family

The boys having a skipping rock competition... Ian would later patiently teach me how on earth to skip a rock... (I'd apparently forgotten since I haven't done it since I was 8 or something.) After many attempts, I finally succeeded. It was miraculous. :)

Wednesday night, after playing at the beach all day, we went to Fred's for dinner. It's a really good Mexican food place. I guess they have some in So Cal too. At the very end of dinner, it was time for the sunset and I really didn't want to miss it, so Steven, Nat and I got up from our table and ran across the street to capture the sunset. I'm SO glad we did because it was by far the best sunset we saw on Maui... See for yourself...

Okay, so my husband probably would NOT want me to tell you this, but HE took the picture below... not me! Isn't it pretty?? Shhhh... Dont' tell anyone...

Hang Loose, Baby

Goofy face picture for Steven who gets bored with smiling all the time...

Belly Shot. This is my absolute favorite picture of Natalie. I think it's gorgeous. She's gorgeous, the sunset is gorgeous... it's perfect! Isn't she so beautiful?

Postcard, except it's really the sunset we saw! It could be a postcard, couldn't it?

I love kissing this man... :) Hee hee

Sisters Forever

Can you believe how beautiful the sunset was? Even the way it changed from fire orange and gold to deep indigo and purple and pink... I love Maui.

Me

7 comments:

Learning to Love said...

So...I hear a rumor that you are coming to see Natalie for a quick visit next week???? Hopefully Pierce will make his grand appearance before then. Anyway, since your family only lives two streets over, you should come by and see the house, and our little man if he is home by then.

Tamar said...

GORGEOUS sunsets! And you and Nat look beautiful!

Mama Mia! said...

what are you saying? I have too many pictures?!?! ;) I tried to archive them, I hope it helped - it's not slow when i pull it up, though; and your's isn't either...you're slow. ;) just kidding! I love your sunset pictures! and your love of sunsets and love of love...love love love. hee. love you!

Danielle said...

Beautiful ladies is right!! Your breath taking with all your hair pulled back!! Natalie you are the most beautiful pregnant woman ever!! So cute!! Glad your family enjoyed the trip, it looked dashingly fun!!

Kyle, Chelsie and Jacob said...

Beautiful pictures!! We want to go so bad... maybe next spring!

PS- It does take a while to pull yours up... :)

Mama Mia! said...

Good seeing for 2 seconds this weekend! can't wait till next month - let me know when, okay? love!

Ben (MyRadDad) said...

I love seeing more Maui pics!! Your sister is soooo cute pregnant. DOn't worry, I won't tell that Steve took that pic of the flowers with the sunset but it is gorgeous!! I love you and had fun with you tonight