Sunday, September 2, 2007

Just the Two of Us (In Paradise)

Steven and I got to Maui Thursday afternoon and it was just the 2 of us until Sunday afternoon when my family came to join us. So we got to spend a few days alone together having fun and exploring the island. It took us about a day and a half to really wind down and realize that we were on VACATION for the next week and a half. What a GREAT feeling that was!

First Maui Morning!

Friday, our first morning in Maui... We went to the Grand Wailea (GORGEOUS Resort!!!) and had their incredible breakfast (it wouldn't be the last time). Can you say "Cinnamon Roll French Toast with Mascarpone Cheese, Fresh Berries and Coconut Syrup?" Um, Delicious!!! :)
Steven endud up totally shocking me by saying that he wanted to get a massage with me at the Grand Wailea Spa (Best spa on Maui!), so we made last minute appointments for a Side by Side 80 minute massage. My hubby isn't normally a "Let's get a massage" man. It was heavenly! I'll never go back to 60 minutes... I'm ruined forever! :) Here we are at the Grand Wailea passing the time smooching until our massage appointment.
After our massage, we ate at Cheeseburger in Paradise near the Grand Wailea. It was a fun experience, but definitely not the best burgers in the world. That would come later on in our trip.
Saturday marked our first Maui Starbucks! Even in Maui, us Washingtonians have to have our coffee!
Exploring La Perouse Bay later on that day. La Perouse is made of lava rock that meets the ocean. It's great for snorkeling and fishing.

We found a Sea Turtle at La Perouse, riding the tide in and out of a bay. We named him Sushi. :)

More Sushi
Both of us at La Perouse
Saturday night was our last night alone in Maui, so we went out for a romantic dinner on the beach at IO Restaurant in Lahaina. We missed our first Maui Sunset on Friday night since we were getting our massages, so this was our first official Maui Sunset. Many more to come!
Hubby Looking GQ
Happy to be together
Hubby and I the morning we were going to pick up my family at the airport. We went for a walk along the beach by our condo out to a rocky point where I gave him an early birthday present- Tickets for us to the Seahawks game against the New Orleans Saints on his birthday, October 14th. And not just any tickets! Club Level, 50 yard line! I can't wait!!! We are HUGE Seahawks fans! I was so excited I just couldn't wait until October to give them to him.

4 comments:

Tamar said...

I am officially jealous now! You guys look like you had a really relaxing time!

Kyle, Chelsie and Jacob said...

How much fun!! I'm so glad you all had a wonderful time in Maui! Just seeing the pictures makes me excited to go... not that there's any plans but there will be! :) And what great pictures! Love you guys!

Emma~Mae and Cameron said...

How Much Fun!!!!!!
I can't wait to go, you and Steven look so happy together!

Natalie said...

lovely