Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Little Miracle




As some of you may or may not know, my little sister Natalie and her boyfriend, Shawn Murphy are having a baby! The above ultrasound picture is when Natalie was about 10 weeks along. She will be starting her 16th week this Thursday, July 26th and the baby will be born sometime in January of 2008. Isn't the picture adorable? Normally I have a hard time deciphering what is what in an ultrasound picture, but I thought this one was so precious. I could absolutely make out the baby's head and little developing body. How precious! They do not know the sex of the baby yet, but will be making an appointment to find out at their next checkup on August 9th. I am going to be an Auntie! Natalie and Shawn both realize how special and precious this little life is and they are determined to raise their baby right. They know that they are going to need God's help to do so. Please pray for them as they will have some unique challenges (i.e. they are not going to rush into getting married so Natalie will still be living with our parents; Natalie will be continuing with school to earn her degree in Nursing and she will also continue working at the hospital as a Certified Nursing Assistant). I am proud of my sister and I'm proud of the tough, right decisions she has had to make since finding out she was pregnant; and I am proud of Shawn for being committed and determined to be a good dad to this little miracle of life. God is the Author of Life and only time will tell the AMAZING things that He has in store for this little one. I am so excited to find out! Jeremiah 19:11 "For I know the plans I have for you (Baby Murphy),” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

8 comments:

Lydia Paige Louise said...

Congrats!! I am happy for you all!:)

Amy said...

I had no clue! Congrats to Natalie and to proud Auntie! We aren't too far apart.

Tamar said...

Nat told me and my mom when I was in YC, and I havve to say I am really proud of her, too! She is going to make an amazing mom. I can't wait to find out what it is!

Mama Mia! said...

Congratulations! Auntie Alie 2x over, now! I love the ultrasound! You're a good sister.

Tammie said...

Natalie will make a good mommy and the precious little one will be well loved! Your parents will make wonderful grandparent and I know will be a blessing to Natalie too! As they are wonderful parents to the three of you! They should be proud of you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Alie- You are a great sister, and Natalie is lucky she has your support and love.

Amanda Gillitzer

Natalie said...

I have a feeling that that baby is going to be incredibly cute! :D And have a super great auntie in washington! I love you sister!

prettyinink0402 said...

Aweee...I remember how exciting it was when my sister got pregnant when I was in SOLD Out...I couldn't wait to be an Auntie...she didn't rush into marriage either and still aren't married but they are still amazing parents and raising him together. Ryan is getting ready to have his 3rd birthday on September 10th and he is such a great little guy! They have done such a wonderful job raising him! Anyways...congrats on the new little life! They are amazing!!!