Saturday, April 28, 2007

Sunshine and Summertime

I am beyond ready for Summertime... One of the things about living in Washington State that has been a HUGE adjustment for this California girl has been the weather. Yes, Washington is beautiful and green and lush... but that is because it is cold and rainy for a good portion of the year!!!! hahahahahaha... I love this state from June to September. It's completely breathtaking and warm and there's always a nearby lake to jump into (and now we have our very own lake we can jump into in our backyard!) but the months from October thru May are long ones. We're getting to the final stretch right about now, but that taste of Sunshine and Summertime seems like it's never going to get here! It doesn't help to hear that it will be in the 80's in Yuba City next week either! ;) I LOVE the heat! Absolutley love it... love soaking up the sunshine, love floating on a raft in the middle of a lake or taking a swim and then laying out on a dock and letting the heat evaporate the drops from my skin... It's gotta be one of the best feelings in the world! Can you tell I've been deprived??? :) Another thing I love is being somewhere hot and tropical! Now that's an upbeatable combination. In honor of that happy thought, I've been going over pics from our cruise last August with 3 other couples who are close friends of ours and I've posted a few below to inspire me to hang in there and to inspire you all to go soak up some sunshine (some of you will be able to do so the same day you read this blog, so please think of me freezing up here when you do!)... I am READY for another vacation, that's for sure!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Guys!!! So good to see you both on here! Ali you look amazing and I love all of your pictures of the cruz! There is nothing like soaking up relaxing in the sun! So glad I get to keep up on you and Steven's life! '

Lydia Paige Louise said...

I love the sunshine! I finally got to go swimming yesterday! but ofcourse it is supposed to rain today!! tipical California weather, nice one day and rainy the next!