Saturday, April 14, 2007

Something like the Alps

Well, since I currently don't have pictures of the old house or the new house to post just yet, I am going to go backwards a couple of months and post pics from my 25th birthday weekend getaway in Leavenworth (Yes, I just figured out how to post pictures... ). Steven and Justin surprised my good friend Cara and I with the trip since Cara and I have the same birthday (February 12th)! Leavenworth is a Bavarian style town up in the mountains about 2 hours from where we live. It feels like you're in the Alps! (Not that I would know, but it's what I imagine it would be like :) ... ) We did a lot of meandering through out the town through the specialty shops. I think Steven's favorite shop was the Salt Water Taffy store. We went there 2 or 3 times and came out with little bags full of different flavors each time. :) We did a LOT of eating too! Italian, Authentic German (There's a reason why the Germans aren't known for their food... hahaha), yummy breakfasts... We had plans to do some snow mobiling, but the Doctor gave Cara a big "NO" on that idea so we played cards and watched movies instead. It was fantastic to get away and do a lot of relaxing. Enjoy the pics...

My Handsome Hubby and I on the way up!



Trying on goofy hats in the hat store...


The main street through the town...


Dressing up for our birthday dinner! Isn't Cara a beautious pregnant lady??



My Hubby is so good-looking! :) Whoo hoo, babe!

Eating gelato at Viadolce! I think I had it 4 times in the 2 and 1/2 days that we were there... I LOVE gelato! :)

Okay, I had to take a picture of the cute old man in his lederhosen playing the accordian at our authentic dinner... He was so adorable!


These are pics of our last morning in Leavenworth and my favorite memory of the weekend. Steven and I got up early (which is a miracle for me, if you know me...). It snowed for the first time in two weeks that morning, so we went for a walk in the snow through the town before anyone was up. Leavenworth is very touristy and usually busy, but on that morning nobody was outside yet. It felt like we had the whole town to ourselves! I love speding time with my husband... We just walked around and took pictures and talked and laughed. It was a winter wonderland all our own. I loved it! When we got back to the hotel, Cara and Justin were up and we went and grabbed some Starbucks before heading home. It was a very happy weekend!





1 comment:

Lydia Paige Louise said...

Hey Ali, its me Lydia! I am so glad you started blogging! You guys are so cute! I haven't seen Cara and Justin in years! I miss them! They are such a cute couple and so are you guys! I'm graduating this year and will be starting Sold Out in the fall. I am so excited! Well, hope you have a great day! God Bless! Love, Lydia